Thursday, February 17, 2011

Let the games begin....

Hey all! Well after last weekend it is time to get down to business. I will say that my fiancĂ© and I were able to explore a little bit of what Raleigh night life is like(after we drove 21/2 hours to the nearest Bass Pro Shop). We met some friends at the Flying Saucer (great bar for the beer connoisseur) and from there we headed to the Ugly Monkey. Mind you there is an Ugly Monkey in Indy but…..this one serves JACK AND COKE ICEE’s!!!! OMG we were in heaven! From there we went to a bar called Deep South (also a record label). Needless to say we had a lot of fun. I sabotaged my own diet with McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and some other garbage through out the weekend. I decided it is now time to get down to business. I weighted myself on Monday and gained a pound L

I started a 9 day detox on Tuesday. This consists of eating all raw fruits and vegetables, brown rice, yogurt, and all the water I can drink. Now this may sound a little extreme but I think it will be great. I can eat as much as I want just not fats, oils, fried food, salt, or any of the bad stuff. My hope in doing this is to reset my body to not crave so much of the bad stuff. After the detox I will slowly introduce meats back into my diet and hopefully have a healthier approach to eating. Currently I am on day 3 and would love to say I feel great but, I have come down with some sort of flu and feel like crap. Through it though I am sticking to this plan and giving it 100% effort. I will not weigh myself again until the 10th day which is a week from today! At that point I will keep you posted.

As for my job search…it is still going. I have met a lot of great people through networking groups I have attended. Many of them have given me great leads but it just seems as though my “qualifications don’t meet their specifications”! What exactly does that mean? I wish I could march through the doors and just show them who I am instead of having to put it on a piece of paper. I am way more than my resume could ever explain. Oh well….It is the power of numbers right? Every No gets me closer to a yes!!! I will keep marching forward and hopefully by this time next week I will have even greater leads and hopefully even an interview or two.

Good news is my fever broke and I am feeling a little bit better. I don’t remember the last time I was this sick but, I guess it is better to happen when I don’t have a job right? I hope everyone reading this is having/had a great day.

2/17/11
Weight 181 lbs
Job unemployed

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just a couple of thoughts!!! Don't forget your body still needs essential proteins and essential fats! I don't know if you mean you only eliminated red meat (I've had some really good bison lately, seriously!), but keep eating lots of chicken and fish.

    Also, as far as ESSENTIAL (essential because your body can't produce on its own) FATS I've been eating a lot of avocado and raw nuts!

    Keep your meals simple. A protein about the size of a deck of cards, a small essential fat, and as much fresh produce (broccoli, cauliflower are awesome choices as that speeds the belly fat burning!) as you can consume (about half the plate); and following a workout program hopefully containing some resistance training and not just cardio, and you should be well on your way!!

    One other great hint, idea, suggestion or whatever you want to call it is when you grocery shop; walk around the store, not through it! In other words, almost everything (other than TP :)) you need to eat a great healthy diet is located around the perimeter and not in the aisles.

    I could talk this stuff all day long if you let me! Miss you guys a bunch, and let me know if you'll be back for Buffett! Catch you later, and no matter what, keep working at it; none of us are perfect but its how we react to our "cheating" that will either keep us on the right path, or let us fall back to our old habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks andy for the tips! and keep going Sarah! Don't give up! YOU CAN do IT!

    ReplyDelete