Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whew! I have been busy! (and I am still unemployed)

Wow! It has been awhile since I updated everyone with things in my life. The last few weeks for me have been pretty intense. It all started with a flight to Florida. I flew down there to help my mom (who is a snowbird) drive home from her 3 month stay in Florida. I had a blast while there with my mom (3 days). I got to meet all her friends, go to dinner with her, lay by the pool,  go to the beach and watch the sunset, and even managed to squeeze in a game of golf! From there our journey moved us to Sharpsburg GA (just outside of Atlanta).

We then spent 2 days there with my dad's nephew and his family (always been like an uncle to me). While there my cousin Dave took us to some neat places including a small town where they filmed Driving Miss Daisy. It was very neat. I also got to see his daughter Lisa and her husband Todd. They have the most adorable puppy! Dave also gave me a lesson in knife handling 101! It is always great to see my dad's side of the family. I am truly blessed to have them as a part of my life. From GA mom and I drove to Columbus OH.

While in Columbus my sister and I did some dress shopping and Grandma and the girls colored Easter eggs. Gracyn and Adde were so excited to see Grandma and see what goodies she brought home for them. My most interesting expirence was when I went with Scooter (my brother-in-law Scott) to the Cheshire Market to pick up the pizza! This place was loaded but what set it apart was the fact that it was the bait and tackle shop...good thing I don't lose my appetite easy! I enjoyed spending time with my sister and her family. I wish I was still only a few hours away from them. On Saturday evening mom and I made the last leg of our Journey back to Indy!

We arrived late Saturday night and that is when the madness began. I had an appointment at David's Bridal at 1pm. I went dress shopping on Sunday with my mom, Amber (Bridesmaid), Kindra, and Lexi! I had a lot of fun but unlike most brides to be I was over it real quick. I did end up finding my dress and am VERY happy about how it s going to look! That evening I went to dinner with the family at Sahm's! Monday was another whirlwind. We had appointments to go look at reception sites. We went to 5 places and still have not made our decision on where we want to hold our wedding/reception. I got to see my Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Mike which is always a pleasure. I miss my family but believe that being in NC is best for Kipp and I. The only friend I got to see was April because she came and picked me up to go bowling at 9pm Moday night. I was on my flight back to NC Tuesday morning! I was gone a total of 10 days and missed Kipp very much. I was so glad to come home and give him a huge hug and kiss!!!!

I am back in the swing of my job search and believe that things will happen when they are suppose to. I don't believe God will put job in front of me that is not meant to be. I believe he has a very specific journey for me and I have yet to quite figure it out. I did have a chance to go to a luncheon with a friend mine and learned a lot about a possible business opportunity that I need to pray about and recieve guidance on.

I also started my quest to run a 5k. I am hoping to be able to run a 5k in 9 weeks....Shouldn't be to hard but at least it is a start to a better healthier me! I hope everyone is well!

Love you !
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. What a busy trip! I'm glad you had fun and that you found a dress!!! that's awesome! I'm so pumped for you!

    ReplyDelete